How can I reset my password?
In This Article
- Reset Your Own Password
- Request a Password Reset
- Expired User Licenses
- Password Requirements
Reset Your Own Password
Login Screen: Forgot Password
Community Services includes a "Forgot Password" option that gives HMIS users the ability to reset their own passwords.
Please note: The "Forgot Password" function will not work if you have entered the wrong password three times and are locked out of Community Services. Try it out after one or two failed login attempts, instead!
- On the Community Services login screen, click on Forgot Password.
- In the pop-up that appears, enter your user name and click Send.
- Check your email inbox for a message from DoNotReply@wellsky.com. The message will contain a link to a password reset screen, which for security reasons will expire after 15 minutes. If you do not see a message in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder.
- On the password reset screen, enter the same new password into both fields, then click on Save. Please note that your new password will have to meet Community Services' complexity requirements.
If you cannot remember your user name or want to confirm that your email address has been saved correctly in HMIS, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User Profile: Change Password
While logged into Community Services, HMIS users can manually reset their passwords at any time from the User Profile pop-up window.
- Click on the gear icon next to your name in the top right corner of the screen. This will open the User Profile pop-up window.
- Click on the Change Password button.
- Enter your current password, then type your new password into the two designated text fields. Click on Save when you are done.
Did you know? You can also update your email address and phone number in the User Profile window.
Request a Password Reset
If you are locked out of Community Services and cannot reset your own password, please contact the Helpdesk right away at email@example.com! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, and we make sure to prioritize password resets so that you can quickly get back to your data entry and reporting duties with minimal disruption.
Expired User Licenses
Did you enter your password correctly, but receive a "Login failed!" message in response? If so, your Community Services license may have expired.
HMIS-participating agencies are billed annually for their users' licenses, and sometimes there are hiccups in the renewal process. If you have been locked out of HMIS unexpectedly, please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Passwords must be 8-50 characters long with a mix of numbers, special characters, and upper and lower case letters.
Remember: The HMIS User Agreement prohibits you from saving your Community Services passwords in a web browser or other location.
Passwords automatically expire every 45 days. When your password expires, you must create a new one: your expired password cannot be reused immediately.