Close a Record to Statewide Data Sharing
If a client does not consent to share their data when completing the HMIS Release of Information, you must create a new client record for them and "close" it to statewide data sharing prior to entering any information. Please contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the process described below.
Closing a Client Record
- Click on "enter data as" and select the provider that is creating the new client record.
- Choose ClientPoint from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Enter as many of the client's details as possible into the Client Search fields, then click on Search.
- Click on the Add New Client With This Information button.
- When prompted, enter the date the client completed your program's intake process. You can click on Use Current System Date if that happened today.
- Click on the red Client Visibility lock in the top right corner of the new client record.
- Remove the Statewide Data Sharing Visibility Group by clicking on the red circle to the left of its Group ID. Click on Exit to close the Client Visibility popup.
- Navigate to the Client Profile tab, then click on the edit pencil in the Client Record section. Type "CLOSED/NOT SHARED" in the Alias field:
- Do not enter a Date of ROI Consent when working with a closed client record. That date should only be entered when a client has consented to share their information.
You may run into situations where you are unable to close a client's record, owing to their visibility groups' information being restricted. When this happens, double-check that you are in EDA mode to the provider that first created the record and try again. If you are still unable to remove the Statewide Data Sharing Group, contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com to assist you in closing the record.